Chillcott Gardens in Madeley near Telford is an extra care scheme for people over the age of 55 with a housing need. Additional care and support can be catered for by our “resident” staff team.
Referrals are provided by Telford & Wrekin Council’s adult social care team. Following an assessment of your needs an offer of housing may be made with or without additional care and support. The housing provision is provided through the landlord and building owner Anchor Hanover Group with the building comprising 62 flats.
Depending on your needs and “means” you will be charged for rent, care and a small “peace of mind” payment. The “peace of mind” charge, which is payable to Coverage Care, ensures we can provide 24 hour staff presence at the scheme.
Coverage Care works in partnership with Anchor Hanover and Telford & Wrekin Council to provide care packages supporting residents to be healthy, stay safe, enjoy social and cultural activities, and help to make a positive contribution to the Chillcott Gardens community.
There are many opportunities to take part in the social activities facilitated at Chillcott, or simply to enjoy the privacy of your own flat.
For more information on Chillcott Gardens, please contact us through the details shown.
Facilities at Chillcott Gardens
- 62 individual one bedroomed flats
- Central dining and catering facilities, in addition to the facilities in the flats
- Staffed laundry and ironing service
- Accessible maintained gardens
- A small shop within the scheme
- Coffee shop within scheme
- Easy access to the community (and local bus links)
- Highly experienced and trained staff
- WIFI for use by residents and visitors
- Strong links to, and regular visits from, local GP(s) and wider Primary Health care services including District Nurses, local Chiropodists, Opticians and other Therapists. People moving in can usually retain their GP of choice
- Full Programme of Activities/ Arts & Crafts/ Wellbeing, lots of choices and support given to all our residents
The accommodation at Chillcott Gardens comprises 62 flats with housing provided by the owner Anchor Hanover Group.
Coverage Care provides additional care and support where commissioned through Telford and Wrekin Council including contributions from flat owners to shared care and support where Coverage Care provides this through our 24/7 staff and support including care provision where this has been agreed.
The central facilities include a large kitchen and dining area with access to various additional support communal areas.
Everyone living and working at Chillcott Gardens can genuinely feel they are among friends. Residents can decide where and how they spend their time either quietly in their flat, taking part in the variety of activities, or walking through the central garden area at the heart of the home.
Our friendly communal areas ensure everyone is supported individually with scope for new friendships with other residents.
Food & Drink
At Chillcott Gardens we take our culinary skills very seriously indeed, proper nutrition and hydration are essential to health and wellbeing.
We cater to all dietary requirements including supplements and following assessment guidance by the Speech and Language Team (SaLT). Chillcott Gardens meals are freshly prepared on site by qualified staff using locally sourced produce and we cater for all requirements including vegan, vegetarian, dairy or gluten-free diets.
Chillcott Gardens has the highest possible 5 star food hygiene rating assessed regularly and independently.
We are very proud to be awarded a 5* Food Hygiene Rating
for Chillcott Gardens
Book a Visit
We encourage you and your family to book a visit to one of our homes to see for yourself the work we do and the quality and standards that we strive forBook a Visit
For the very latest job opportunities with Coverage Care please visit our dedicated recruitment websiteVisit Job Website
Frequently Asked Questions
Who will be looking after me at Chillcott Gardens?
If you move into one of the flats operated by Anchor Housing most probably through commissioning by Telford and Wrekin Housing any care needs will be assessed by the local authority. You may then be supported by our brilliant staff. All of our flats and services which are part of Coverage Care organisation, which is a quality focused not-for-profit organisation with an independent majority Board of Directors. Additional support to our services comes from central teams based in Shrewsbury.
- "Before I moved here I was becoming a little isolated and didn't really do much for myself. I now do what I want. I come and go as I please and feel like I have come on leaps and bounds" resident
"My 93 year old mother recently moved into Chillcott Gardens. What could have been an upsetting time, especially for someone of such advanced years has been made so easy with such thoughtful, dedicated and easy-going professionalism of the care staff. Nothing is too much trouble. My mother is very happy here. And I am so pleased that she is receiving exceptionally good care in such a pleasant environment." resident's daughter
- "People were treated with dignity and respect, and involved as partners in their care and that they were treated with care by compassionate and respectful staff." Shropshire Star quote from CQC report sent by Carol McPherson 19/12